Eastern Tech Athletics
2018 Spring Sports Tryout Information
Tryouts for Spring Sports will begin on Thursday,March 1st. Please refer to the tentative schedule for specific information regarding each sport. Students that do not report on the first day will not be permitted to tryout. All forms must be completed and submitted electronically by Tuesday, February 20th. Any athlete attempting to turn in forms after February 20th will not be eligible to try out for a Winter sport. NO EXCEPTIONS!
FormReleaf.com is a secure registration platform that provides you with an easy, user-friendly way to register for our programs, and helps us to be more administratively efficient and environmentally responsible.
Required Electronic Sign-offs
The following policies must be read and signed-off on by you and your child through Form Releaf:
- Parent Permission – Insurance information must be on the form ( provider & policy #)
- Parent/Student Concussion Awareness Form
- Pre-Participation Head Injury/Concussion Form
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Form
- Athletic Honor Code
Athletic Form to be turn in
The only hard copy-form that will be accepted from this point on is the Pre-participation Physical Evaluation / Health History Form
- This form can be found on www.easterntechathletics.org under tryout paperwork.
- Please note that physical forms are only good for one calendar year.
- Parents – please make a copy for your records
- All forms should have the date of the exam clearly listed.
- State if your child is cleared to participate in sports/ contact.
- Have a doctors or nurse practitioners signature and stamp.
Tryouts start for all teams on Thursday, February 20th. Please see the attached tryout schedule for the appropriate time. Note that schedules are subject to change and you should consult the athletic website prior to the first day of tryouts for updated times and locations. All teams will hold tryouts for a minimum of 3 days before making cuts. If you are absent from a tryout session, coaches will only evaluate you for the days you have attended.
Academic Eligibility Policy
The State of Maryland passed legislation that a recommendation for a 2.0 Grade Point Average is put in place for all student athletes to participate in interscholastic sports. In order to meet the State of Maryland’s recommendation, the Baltimore County Public Schools Office of Athletics has implemented the following Athletic Academic Eligibility Policy.
- Must maintain a 2.0 GPA or higher
- No more than one failing, incomplete, or medical grade in the marking period prior to the start of the season of participation.
- First, second, third, and fourth grading period will be used for determining scholastic eligibility for winter, spring, and fall.
- This regulation does not apply to incoming 9th grade students for fall eligibility. Any student who is entering the 9th grade from a middle school will be exempt from the Academic Eligibility Policy until the release of the 1st quarter report cards. At this time all academic requirements must be met.
Chain of Command
If an issue arises, where you feel the need to voice your concern, we ask that you follow the chain of command:
- Talk to your Child First, they may know more than you think
- Make an appointment to talk with the coach. Approaching a coach after practice or a game is not appropriate
- If your issues are still not resolved. Contact the Athletic Director, Lisa Martin, 410-887-0201
Expectations for Student & Parent
- Participating on an Athletic Team is a privilege, not at right
- You are a Student Athlete, the Student part comes first
- Remember that you (student & parents) represent Eastern Tech; please be mindful of this, especially when using social media.
- Sportsmanship is highly regarded at Eastern Tech.
- Please visit the MPSSAA Respect the game handbook by clicking the link or going to http://www.mpssaa.org/assets/respectthegame/RTG%20Book%201.pdf
After Game Transportation
The schools policy is that all players ride to and from games/practices on the bus. There are 3 situations where an exception can be made:
- The bus passes your house to/ from the game
- The player needs to get back to school for another school function
- There is a family emergency
All requests must be sent as an email to the AD stating why the player cannot ride the bus back to school. The request must be made by a parent/guardian and submitted 24-48hrs in advance so it can be approved and seen by all parties involved in the process in a timely fashion. Please note that we are not permitted to release your child to anyone other than their legal guardians.
School Athletic Website
All parents and students should register for email and text alerts on the school’s athletic website at www.easterntechathletics.org. This is our first line of communication. We will send out game score, game cancelations, up coming events, fundraisers, and much more. Don't miss out.
For additional questions, please contact Athletic Director, Lisa Martin, at 410-887-0201