Announcements and Important Events
This is just a reminder that the Senior Athlete Banquet will be held on May 10th from 6:30-9 at the UAW Hall in Canton. Tickets must be purchased online by Sunday, May 7th at https://www.eventbrite.com/o/eastern-tech-11124942263 or you can go the Eastern Tech Athletic Webpage and click on either the save the date picture or the Senior Athletic Banquet link under Announcements. All athletes and guest must purchase a ticket., they are $15 each.
We hope that all of the seniors and their families will join us to celebrate everyone’s accomplishments over the past 4 years. We will be announcing the following awards at the banquet:
- Marine Corp Distinguished Athlete Award –awarded to a player who “played over their head” or are the athletes with a “never-say-die” attitude. Those athletes who epitomize the adage, “when the going gets tough, the tough get going,”
- United States Army Reserve National Scholar/Athlete Award - outstanding achievement in both academics and athletics
- The Impact Award - senior whose performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity, this player elevates the intensity and focus of a game beyond what statistics can measure.
- Senior CLASS Award – Community, Classroom, Character, and Competition
- The Joe Gast Award – Team Sprit, Leadership, Promotions of team unity and moral. Someone who enhances that athletic experience
- The Orange & Black Award – Manager Award for outstanding service
- Eastern Elite Award - 4yr Varsity Athletes
- Maverick Pride Award – Athletes who have played 10 or more season